The graph below presents the distribution of the latest UIS data for two official Millennium Development Goal indicators, the primary school net enrollment rate (NER) and the survival rate to the last grade of primary school.
The primary NER is available for 178 countries. In 121 countries, the latest data is from 2006. For 10 countries - Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kazakhstan, Marshall Islands, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Sao Tome and Principe, Serbia, South Korea, and Vanuatu - the primary NER in 2007 is available.
The survival rate to the last grade of primary school is available for 157 countries. To calculate this indicator, data from two consecutive years is needed. For this reason, the latest available data for 88 of the 157 countries is from 2005. For 6 countries - Egypt, Ethiopia, Kazakhstan, Sao Tome and Principe, South Korea, and Tanzania - the survival rate for 2006 is provided in the UIS database.
Distribution of latest national data from UIS education survey 2007
Source: UNESCO Institute for Statistics, Data Centre, May 2008
- UNESCO releases data from 2006 education survey
- Final release of data from UNESCO's 2005 education survey
- Pupil/teacher ratio in primary school
- Global Education Digest 2007
- Global Education Digest 2006
- Global Education Digest 2005
- UIS announcement of data from 2007 education survey
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS)
- UIS Data Centre
- UN Millennium Development Goals
Permanent URL: http://huebler.blogspot.com/2008/05/uis.html