The analytical chapter that precedes the statistical tables is dedicated to a different topic every year. The analytical chapter in the GED 2009 explores global trends in higher education, including levels of participation, fields of study, student mobility, and tertiary education finance. The tables with time series data from 1970 to 2005 that were introduced in the previous GED are limited to data on tertiary education this year. The GED 2008 also contained time series tables on primary and secondary education.
The data from the GED are available free of charge at the UIS Data Centre. To access the statistical tables, click on "Predefined Tables" and then "Education". For most indicators, the GED only lists data for one or two years, whereas the Data Centre provides annual statistics from 1999 to 2008. The Data Centre also offers time series data for selected primary, secondary and tertiary education indicators from 1970 to 2005.
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS). 2009. Global education digest 2009: Comparing education statistics across the world. Montreal: UIS. (Download PDF, 7.0 MB)
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS). 2008. Global education digest 2008: Comparing education statistics across the world. Montreal: UIS. (Download PDF, 6.3 MB)
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS)
- Announcement of the Global Education Digest 2009 by the UIS
- Global Education Digest 2008, with links to the Arabic, English, French and Spanish editions
- UIS Data Centre
Friedrich Huebler, 31 July 2009 (edited 19 September 2010), Creative Commons License
Permanent URL: http://huebler.blogspot.com/2009/07/ged.html