The report calls attention to the fact that none of the six Education for All goals will be achieved at the global level by the 2015 target year, including the goal of universal primary education (goal 2).
- Goal 1: Expanding and improving comprehensive early childhood care and education, especially for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children.
- Goal 2: Ensuring that by 2015 all children, particularly girls, children in difficult circumstances and those belonging to ethnic minorities, have access to, and complete, free and compulsory primary education of good quality.
- Goal 3: Ensuring that the learning needs of all young people and adults are met through equitable access to appropriate learning and life-skills programmes.
- Goal 4: Achieving a 50 per cent improvement in levels of adult literacy by 2015, especially for women, and equitable access to basic and continuing education for all adults.
- Goal 5: Eliminating gender disparities in primary and secondary education by 2005, and achieving gender equality in education by 2015, with a focus on ensuring girls’ full and equal access to and achievement in basic education of good quality.
- Goal 6: Improving all aspects of the quality of education and ensuring excellence of all so that recognized and measurable learning outcomes are achieved by all, especially in literacy, numeracy and essential life skills.
In addition to the tens of millions of children who remain excluded from education, millions more who attend school suffer from a poor quality of education. The EFA GMR 2013/4 emphasizes that teachers are the key to improving education quality and proposes several strategies to achieve good quality education for all.
- UNESCO. 2014. EFA Global Monitoring Report 2013/4 - Teaching and learning: Achieving quality for all. Paris: UNESCO. (Download in PDF format, 13.8 MB)
- EFA Global Monitoring Report 2013/4 (official site)
- EFA Global Monitoring Reports (archive with all reports published since 2002)
- Education for All goals
- EFA Global Monitoring Report 2012
- EFA Global Monitoring Report 2011
- EFA Global Monitoring Report 2010
- EFA Global Monitoring Report 2009
- EFA Global Monitoring Report 2008
- 61 million out-of-school children in 2010
- National, regional and global literacy trends, 1985-2015
- Pupil/teacher ratio in primary school
- Pupil/teacher ratio in secondary school
- A view inside primary schools
Permanent URL: http://huebler.blogspot.com/2014/02/gmr.html